Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Fog

Yesterday's weather was misty and cool. I liked how it felt and the way it looked. The trees and plants were frosted the entire day, looking like how they only usually look for a few hours in the morning. It was magical and made me feel like I was living in a giant snow globe. I didn't have a camera with me at the time aside from the dinky one on my Blackberry and as I took the tram home from work, I noticed that the frost was on fewer and fewer trees as I approached the city center. I realised the proximity to the ocean was the cause of the all day frost. Such a beautiful fleeting experience of nature and I missed the chance to immortalize it with a photograph. I found a similar one on the internet from the same place I am living. Doesn't do yesterday full justice, but suffices nonetheless. When I look out my window I always see beauty I want to capture in a photo; often when I try it doesn't come out the same as how I saw it. Why is that? I have decent equipment and photography skills. Does my mind just sees things as more beautiful than they are? Maybe I should start using my zoom lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment